Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Sleeve Drafting




So, I have a girlfriend who I keep in touch with and gab about professional patternmaking things, as that is what we both are - professional pattern makers. hehe. I was going through some things to forward to her in an email, and decided that this would be a cool one to include on ye olde blogge. This is a sleeve pattern that I came across this summer at the Santa Fe Opera. Apparantly, its been around and a lot of people know about it, well, a lot of New York patternmakers. But it was news to me. Its a very fitted two piece sleeve with a built in gusset. My draper called it a tah-dah sleeve, cause that's the noise you should make when you're able to lift your arms up over your head. Its got a funky piece that can either be cut in one with the top sleeve, or cut as a third piece. The most I can guess, is that the reason one would cut it in three pieces, is so that with her arms at her side, it would have the same seams as a regular, suit type two piece sleeve. Anyone have any other ideas? Ever seen this/used it? It worked out nicely on a variety of different costumes and sizes. Oh, and sorry that the bottom of the over sleeve got cut off, but, it didnt all fit in my scanner. I figure that if you REALLY want to blow this up (each square equals one inch), you can compare the over arm with the underarm and make it work. ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment